Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year! New Look!

I've been running this blog (poorly and inconsistently) for 4.5 years now. And it has had the same theme and layout from the time of that first post.

Sure there have been little tweaks here and there, mostly with the gadgets you see to the right, and the addition of my beloved Movie List and About pages. But let's be honest with each other. I think we've earned that at this point in our relationship (unless you're someone visiting my blog for the first time... Then: AWKWARD). My old theme was stale, and it really wasn't the easiest to read.

I hope I've improved on both the look and feel, and functionality of the page. I trimmed a lot of the fat, and spent a ridiculous amount of time and effort building that little "Follow Me" gadget on the right (mostly spent in image manipulation).

The key thing to remember is that my list of qualifications does not include "Graphic Designer", and I don't even have to pull up my resume to check. It's one of those things I just know deep down in my bones. So your feedback is more than welcome.

How did I do? Does it look alright (especially the colours, I'm chromatically challenged)? Is it usable? Is something missing/broken/doing something completely unexpected (such as opening a cavernous maw beneath your basement stairs? Go check. I'll wait...).

Let me know in the comments.

P.S. I'll give you all a writing update tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I'll admit, I don't think I saw your blog before, but I think it looks great now. I'm a fan of simplicity on blogs and not where you have to squint to read because there's too much going on or there's a crazy font or background. So great job! (Although I'm not a fan of orange, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    As for the orange, I tried blue, red, and green as well, but orange just clicked with me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! It's so much easier to read now - Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! :) After all, what's the point of having a blog that no one can read?

      Delete